Staff at Queensway Primary School have been involved in a training programme looking at how all subjects in the National Curriculum can be delivered through outdoor learning. An inspiring training day at Skelton Grange Environment Centre, helped them to pick up lots of new and exciting ideas to develop opportunities for the children to use the outdoor learning environment to motivate and inspire their learning.
Going outdoors can offer many potential benefits including:
- enhanced personal and social communication skills
- increased physical health
- enhanced mental health
- extended personal horizons through greater appreciation and understanding of the world and its peoples around them;
- understanding the need for sustainable relationships between people and their environment;
- enhanced practical problem solving and team work skills.
Find out more about...
Posted Sunday, 16 October 2016 at 14:27